Thursday 21 August 2008

An Introduction

So, welcome to the site. This is a new site focussing on the issue of church.

For a long time now I've had a real passion for Church and Jesus has really been beginning to give me a vision of what church should be, can be and the issues facing the church today.

I feel called to write a book on this subject, and part of this will also be examining what it means to be a Christian as well, as that I beleive impacts how we do church.

This blog will be focussed on church and will discuss the issues facing the church, what I beleive is wrong with the church and trying to impart and visualise what I beleive Jesus wants church to be and how we put that into practice. It will try to ask the difficult questions about church and try to look at what church as Jesus envisioned it really means.

It will allow me to crystallise my own thoughts on the subject in more focussed posts as I try to write my book over the coming years.

This will go alongside my other blog which will continue to ask and discuss the big issues facing us as Christians and will have more about the things God is speaking to me about in other areas.

I'm looking forward to the challenge, and I hope that this site can be a blessing and resource, and stimulation for discussion as we try to move the church forward and together try to discover just what church really is.

The church is the body of Christ, and in my opinion its currently broken, hence the title of the blog.

Together and with Jesus at the centre I beleive we can start to heal it. So lets begin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home