Tuesday 16 September 2008

Embarking on the adventure

Okay, been a while since I posted, but recently God has really convicted me of what His plans for me and for this site are.

As part of planning and researching my book I'm going to be visiting a few churches, mainly around London but also in other areas, and seeing what values they have, how they operate, their similarities and differences and strengths and weaknesses. I hope to visit churches of different denominations and sizes in different areas as well.

As part of this I feel its right for me to visit the church that has inspired me as much as any, which is Mars Hill Bible Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan in the USA, the church planted and pastored by Rob Bell (of Nooma fame). I hope to visit sometime next spring/early summer and have all my visits done by this time next year.

I also intend to read around the subject as much as I can and learn as much as I can, so that what I eventually write will be something fresh and new, and not simply just repeating others words.

A lot of the fruits of my research will be appearing here first, and a lot of it may be very raw and unstructured, as I try to crystallise my ideas.

I'm looking forward to it, and it will be a real adventure with God.

1 Comments:

At 13 January 2009 at 19:17 , Blogger Geraldo Maia said...

James,
From Brazil a friendly hello with my best wishes:
Geraldo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home